Alternate Bench Bleeding Method
- Take a small coffee can and place the new master cylinder, with all the packing plugs removed, in the can with the master cylinder verticle in the can and the piston end on top.
- Fill the can with brake fluid.
- Press the piston slowly until all the bubbles have stopped; this means that the master cylinder is full of brake fluid.
- As you pull the master cylinder out of the can, insert the plugs back into place prior to breaking the surface of the brake fluid.
- Wiped all the brake fluid off of the outside of the master cylinder.
Thanks to Charlie Ball for this alternate method of bench bleeding the master cylinder.
* * * *